DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This Data Protection Policy lists the purposes for which Everson Electrical (S) Pte Ltd (referred within this document as the “the company”, “PowerPac”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
When you use our products or services or submit information to us, you agree and consent to Everson Electrical (S) Pte Ltd, as well as our respective representatives and/or agents collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to Everson Electrical (S) Pte Ltd's authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy. If you do not agree to any of the Privacy Agreement, please stop using our services immediately.
1 Personal Data
1.1 “Personal Data” refers to any information that allows us to identify you directly or indirectly. It includes information which you have submitted to us, such as your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address(es), email address(es) and any other information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, friends and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate and true to your knowledge at that moment in time. If that information which you had submitted earlier to us has been changed, you should write to us to inform us of that change as soon as possible. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
1.2 We collect Personal data through the following situations:
- When you use our electronic services, interact with us or use our services via any of our websites or when you create an account on our website, download our app or when you log into your account. When you use our website, download or use the app, use bonded and controlled devices or an Internet of Things (IoT) device, we may automatically receive and record information about your mobile device, such as device model, IMEI number or other unique device identifier, media access control (MAC) address, IP address, operating system version, location, use of your appliances, operating status, frequency of usage, recordings of your voice commands (such as your questions, requests, and instructions) and information that you receive from the service (such as responses, answers, and content), and audios, videos, pictures, etc. in voice interaction with IoT devices. We may store your account information in the database so that you can get your personal data every time you visit our website and use our App or other services and will delete them immediately at your request. We will not store your video footage on our server nor use it for any other purpose or share it with any third party.
- When you submit an application form or registration form, or other forms relating to any of our products and services.
- When you interact with, are contacted by, or respond to our customer service officers, for example, via the “Chat with us!” platform on our website, telephone calls, messages, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails.
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list, respond to our promotions, initiatives or when you submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras when you visit our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events at our premises, booths or roadshows.
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties about you in connection with the products and services you have applied for; and/or when you fill up surveys administered by our third party surveying service providers.
- When you buy or use our services and/or products.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
Your personal data is used for the following purposes:
2.1 Creating and maintaining your profile in our system database for internal records and providing customer service and support in facilitating your use of our online portals.
2.2 Responding to your queries, feedback, complaints and requests in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations and conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing, debt recovery or fraud.
2.3 Requesting feedback or participation in surveys, contests, lucky draws, promotional events, competitions and marketing campaigns, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may continue to contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax, or other means) with information about our products and services, unless you have withdrawn your consent.
2.4 Taking photograph(s) and/or video(s) of you for purposes of marketing and promotions.
2.5 Managing the administrative and business operations of our company and complying with internal policies and procedures and complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations).
2.6 Preventing, detecting and investigating crime and managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearances).
2.7 Monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes.
3. Sharing, transfer or disclosure of your information
3.1 We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared, transferred or disclosed with any other company, organisation, or individual, except in the following circumstances:
- When we have obtained your clear consent.
- When we share your information internally to: provide further services; carry out internal management; scrutinize for or handle data leaks, illegal activities, or frauds; to maintain the integrity of the company’s IT system.
- When we share your personal information with a third-party service provider (or partner) who provide operational services to our company, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing (external banks, credit card companies and other financial institutions), technical services, training, market research, call centre, security, employee recognition, our professional advisers or other services for the benefit of offering or improving our services to you. We sign rigorous data handling agreements with all relevant third-party service providers (or partners) which requires them to take certain security measures in handling your information pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations and our requirements to safeguard your data security.
- When we disclose your information under the demands of the laws and regulations or government authorities such as relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority or courts of law. This Data Protection Policy, your browsing of our websites, and use of our applications and/or digital services shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
4.1 We will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
We have applied a range of techniques to guarantee the security of your personal information to minimize the risk of misuse, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure and inaccessibility. Security measures we have adopted include but are not limited to: data desensitization, data encryption, and authorisation control of firewalls and data access.
However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our websites, applications, and digital services (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware); nor are we able to ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, when you browse our websites, or use our applications and/or digital services, and the method of electronic storage. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites, applications, and digital services. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, ensure that you use a secure browser; in addition, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as possible if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorised transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorised and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
4.2 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. The cookies placed by the servers hosting our websites are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electric device, nor does it capture any data which allows us to identify you individually. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these browsers, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, you may be unable to enter certain part(s) of the website/s.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
5.1 If you would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy, you can contact our customer service officer at:
5.2 If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with Everson Electrical (S) Pte Ltd's, its authorised service providers and relevant third parties, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Everson Electrical (S) Pte Ltd legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.